"1001 Inventions" at http://www.1001inventions.com a major public education and school educational project in science and history that includes traveling exhibits in world cities. With readings, videos, posters, science activities, history activities for all grade levels, and public information.
Plant Cultures at http://www.plantcultures.org/pccms/action/pictureLibrary is an interactive educational resource featuring botanical transfers that occurred during the past few centuries through trade, migration, and exploration. It features the stories people tell about their experiences with the cultural uses of plants in foods, ceremonies, medicinal uses, commercial uses, aesthetic uses, and emotional associations. A list of 25 imported plants on the site leads to information and additional links about each and its stories.
Metropolitan Museum of Art, Heilbrunn Timeline of Art History Thematic Essays
- "The Art of the Safavids before 1600" – Essay and Image Gallery http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/safa/hd_safa.htm
- "The Arts of Iran, 1600-1800" -- Essay and Image Gallery http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/safa_2/hd_safa_2.htm
- "The Art of the Ottomans before 1600" – Essay and Image Gallery http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/otto1/hd_otto1.htm
- "The Greater Ottoman Empire, 1600-1800" -- Essay and Image Gallery http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/grot/hd_grot.htm
- "The Age of Süleyman "the Magnificent" (r. 1520–1566)" -- Essay and Image Gallery http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/suly/hd_suly.htm
- 'The Later Ottomans and the Impact of Europe' -- Essay and Image Gallery http://metmuseum.net/toah/hd/otto3/hd_otto3.htm
- "The Art of the Mughals before 1600" -- Essay and Image Gallery http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/mugh/hd_mugh.htm
- "The Art of the Mughals after 1600" -- Essay and Image Gallery http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/mugh_2/hd_mugh_2.htm
"Sultans of Science" at http://www.sultans-of-science.com features interactive texts and exhibit materials on The Origin of Flight, Explorers of the Middle Ages, Optics, Medicine, Golden age of Muslim learning, Mathematics, Astronomy, Irrigating an Empire, Engineering. The site also features videos, artilces and papers, and links to museums where the traveling exhibit is going.
Sponsored by the Sultan Qaboos Cultural Center of the Middle East Institute, The Indian Ocean in World History at http://www.indianoceanhistory.org is an interactive website featuring primary source investigations of trade, travel, geography and culture on era-by-era maps from prehistoric times to the 20th century globalization. The site also features lesson plans and bibliographies.
“The Suleymaniye Mosque Tour,” http://www.saudiaramcoworld.com/issue/200605/suleymaniye/default.htm.
Cemal Kafadar talk on Turkish Coffeehouse Culture at http://www.vimeo.com/9492639.
Priscilla Mary Isin talk on Ottoman Confectionary (Candy-making) at http://www.vimeo.com/9493282.
Nurhan Atasoy talk on Life in Istanbul in 1582 (Ottoman illustrated manuscript about a Festival in 1582) at http://www.vimeo.com/9637902.
Nurhan Atasoy talk on Tulips at http://www.vimeo.com/10034372
The Virtual Museum of Architecture, created on the internet by the Building and Information Centre. This on-line Museum of Architecture consists of a comprehensive selection of available documents and evidence illustrating the Turkish and global architectural heritage, making it possible to examine on the internet a great variety of documents once hidden away in the archives of various individuals and institutions and only now brought out into the light of day, thus creating a comprehensive inventory placing a valuable reference library at the service of students and researchers. All the documents and information in the museum are digitally recorded to form an invaluable archive of architectural history. http://www.archmuseum.org/Main/Default.aspx