The Virtual Museum of Architecture, created on the internet by the Building and Information Centre. This on-line Museum of Architecture consists of a comprehensive selection of available documents and evidence illustrating the Turkish and global architectural heritage, making it possible to examine on the internet a great variety of documents once hidden away in the archives of various individuals and institutions and only now brought out into the light of day, thus creating a comprehensive inventory placing a valuable reference library at the service of students and researchers. All the documents and information in the museum are digitally recorded to form an invaluable archive of architectural history. http://www.archmuseum.org/Main/Default.aspx
Metropolitan Museum of Art, Heilbrunn Timeline of Art History Thematic Essays
- "The Art of the Safavids before 1600" – Essay and Image Gallery http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/safa/hd_safa.htm
- "The Arts of Iran, 1600-1800" -- Essay and Image Gallery http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/safa_2/hd_safa_2.htm
- "The Art of the Ottomans before 1600" – Essay and Image Gallery http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/otto1/hd_otto1.htm
- "The Greater Ottoman Empire, 1600-1800" -- Essay and Image Gallery http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/grot/hd_grot.htm
- "The Age of Süleyman "the Magnificent" (r. 1520–1566)" -- Essay and Image Gallery http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/suly/hd_suly.htm
- 'The Later Ottomans and the Impact of Europe' -- Essay and Image Gallery http://metmuseum.net/toah/hd/otto3/hd_otto3.htm
- "The Art of the Mughals before 1600" -- Essay and Image Gallery http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/mugh/hd_mugh.htm
- "The Art of the Mughals after 1600" -- Essay and Image Gallery http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/mugh_2/hd_mugh_2.htm
Poetry and Prayer -- an online exhibit of the Walters Art Museum, Baltimore, Maryland at http://poetryprayer.thewalters.org/
The Institute of Ismaili Studies Gallery Harmony and Delicacy in Persian Book Covers at http://www.iis.ac.uk/view_article.asp?ContentID=105133.
"1001 Inventions" at http://www.1001inventions.com a major public education and school educational project in science and history that includes traveling exhibits in world cities. With readings, videos, posters, science activities, history activities for all grade levels, and public information.
"Sultans of Science" at http://www.sultans-of-science.com features interactive texts and exhibit materials on The Origin of Flight, Explorers of the Middle Ages, Optics, Medicine, Golden age of Muslim learning, Mathematics, Astronomy, Irrigating an Empire, Engineering. The site also features videos, artilces and papers, and links to museums where the traveling exhibit is going.
“LACMA Collections Online; Mughal Art” http://collectionsonline.lacma.org/mwebcgi/mweb.exe?request=keyword;dtype=d;keyword=mughal
Introduction to Islamic Art and links by period at http://www.lacma.org/islamic_art/intro.htm. See especially "Late Islamic Art" History and Art Images at http://www.lacma.org/islamic_art/lip.htm
“The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art | From the Land of the Taj Mahal,” http://www.nelson-atkins.org/art/Exhibitions/Mughal/Faith.cfm. Interactive exhibit including discussion of diversity of faiths at the Mughal court.
“Topkapi Web Page,” http://www.ee.bilkent.edu.tr/~history/topkapi.html. Otttoman art in the Istanbul palace collection.
“Gallery Guide - Visual Poetry: Paintings and Drawings from Iran,” http://www.asia.si.edu/exhibitions/online/VisualPoetry/default.htm.
“Shahnama: 1000 Years of the Persian Book of Kings | Explore and Learn | Freer and Sackler Galleries,” Interactive exhibit.
"East of Eden: Gardens in Asian Art" Interactive exhibit. http://www.asia.si.edu/exhibitions/online/Gardens/launch.htm/
"Encompassing the Globe: Portugal and the World in the 16th and 17th Centuries" with an interactive Google map of the exhibit objects.
“Khalili Family Trust - Islamic Collection,” http://www.khalili.org/islamic-collection.html#slideshow.
“Staatliche Kunstsammlungen Dresden - Türckische Cammer,” http://www.skd.museum/en/museums-institutions/semperbau-with-zwinger/ruestkammer/tuerckische-cammer/index.html.
“The Louvre - Three Empires Exhibition” at http://mini-site.louvre.fr/trois-empires/en/index_en.php
Discover Islamic Art Virtual Exhibitions
Museum With No Frontiers (MWNF) is an organization that aims to establish a vast transnational museum that presents works of art, architecture and archaeology in the context in which they were created.